Buffalo Mozzarella with Roasted Tomatoes & Olives07.5.2018
Tasty, quick vegetarian recipe
This fab recipe from Waitrose takes just 10 minutes to prepare and 20 mins to cook – the speed defies its flavour!
You can use regular mozzarella (which has a slightly milder fl avour) or creamy burrata in this recipe, too.
- 125g pack buffalo mozzarella
- 225g pack Waitrose Pome Dei Moro Tomatoes, halved
- 50g pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Waitrose plain half ciabatta
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Handful basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Take the buffalo mozzarella out of the fridge, so that it has time to warm up a little before serving (you don’t want it to be fridge-cold).
- Toss the tomatoes, olives and garlic in a roasting dish with the oil, then season. Roast for 8 minutes, then give everything a stir and return to the oven. Put the ciabatta on a sheet of foil and put in the oven. Cook both for another 10 minutes.
- Tear the mozzarella and divide between 2 plates. As soon as the tomatoes come out of the oven, stir in the vinegar. Spoon them over the mozzarella, scatter over the basil and serve with the ciabatta.