Chia Seed Pudding with mixed topping24.7.2019
You have probably heard the term ‘clean eating’ but not really known what it means or how to integrate it into your diet. In its essence, it’s a way of eating where refined and processed foods are cut out, focusing instead on complex carbohydrates, quality fats, lots of lean protein and whole foods. The benefits include moderating blood sugar levels, lowering blood pressure and weight loss.
Chia pudding is a fantastic and balanced breakfast or snack, packed with fibre and customisable with lots of variations – change up your toppings with different fruits and shake up the flavours. It has become a firm family favourite in our household! Serves: 1
- 175ml almond or other non dairy milk
- 45g protein powder in flavour of your choice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp supergreens powder (optional)
- Toppings: Mixed berries, sliced banana, flax seed, cacao nibs, desiccated coconut, granola, small amounts of nut butter, nuts
- Mix together the milk, protein powder, chia seeds and green powder if using until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for 10 minutes and mix again. Then refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes, or overnight.
- You can blend just before eating or keep the texture. This is also a great meal for kids if you omit the protein powder and instead blend a banana with the nut milk prior to adding the chia seeds.