Chicken Kebabs with Roasted Red Onions17.5.2018
Makes 4 tasty skewers. If you're going to BBQ, don't worry about turning on the oven!
A summery dish, courtesy of Waitrose, of red onion wedges with tender chicken marinated in a zingy combination of flavours, including lemon, garlic and oregano. These taste divine cooked on the BBQ!
Nut free,Low fat & Gluten free
- 2 red onions, cut into small wedges
- 15g pack fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 4 essential Waitrose British Chicken Breast Fillets (about 500g), cubed
- 250g punnet essential Waitrose Baby Plum Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Zest and juice of 2 essential Waitrose Lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. If using wooden skewers, soak 4 in cold water for 20 minutes before using to prevent them from burning. Mix 1 tbsp of the balsamic vinegar with the lemon zest and juice, together with the garlic, honey and half the oregano.
- Add the chicken, and coat well in the marinade. If you have time, leave in the fridge for 20–30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes in a small roasting dish with half the red onion pieces. Drizzle over 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, add some seasoning and the remaining oregano and toss well. Roast in the oven for 20–25 minutes until tender.
- Preheat the grill to high. Make the kebabs by alternating the chicken and the remaining red onion pieces onto the skewers. Cook the chicken on the grill rack, turning regularly for about 18–20 minutes until the meat is thoroughly cooked and the juices run clear with no pink meat.