Chilli Sausage Rolls11.6.2018
These tasty rolls are thanks to a recipe from the Co-op, and are perfect as to pack for a picnic or just as tasty at home!
- 1 x 400g pack Co-op Butchers Choice Pork Sausages
- 3 tbsp Co-op sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh green chilli, finely choped
- 1 x 320g pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 3 tbsp Co-op semi skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
- Set the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Squeeze the meat from the sausage skins into a bowl and mix in the sweet chilli sauce, green chilli and thyme
- Unroll the puff pastry onto a floured surface and cut it in half lengthwise. Divide the sausagemeat into 2 portions and roll into sausages to fit the length of the pastry, leaving a border. Brush milk along one side, fold the pastry over the meat and seal with a fork.
- Cut each roll into 5 equal pieces and lightly score the top of each. Brush with milk to glaze and sprinkle with the poppy seeds, if using.
- Cook on a baking tray for 25 mins, until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.