Gluten Free Scones28.9.2017
A simple treat destined to impress everyone in your office, this recipe from Hotel du Vin’s Head Chef will help you recreate one of their favourite Afternoon Tea delights; traditional scones made gluten free.
A delightful treat to impress everyone from your family to your office co-workers. Feel free to add sultanas if you like!
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- ¼ cup white rice flour
- 2 teaspoons GF baking powder
- ¼ cup almond meal
- a pinch of sea salt
- 60ml cream
- 125ml milk, plus extra for brushing
- strawberry jam to serve
- whipped cream to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Add your flours, baking powder, almond meal and salt into a large mixing bowl and creative a well in the centre.
- Combine the cream and milk then pouring to the well and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Pat the dough out on a lightly floured surface and use a lightly floured round cutter to cut rounds out of the dough.
- Place the rounds touching each other into the lined baking tray, lightly the brush the tops with milk and bake for 10 minutes, or until risen and golden.
- Break in half whilst warm and serve with fruit spread and whipped cream.