Raspberry Doughnut Muffins11.5.2018
Experiment with different flavours - we love them with Nutella!
Another creative recipe from Waitrose, this cross between doughnuts and muffins is great for baking with children.
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 100ml natural yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g Flora Buttery, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and 150g of the sugar.
- Whisk the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract together in a large jug then pour into the flour along with the melted Flora Buttery. Stir together but don’t over mix.
- Divide two-thirds of the mixture between the muffin tin holes, then add 1 tsp jam to the centre of each. Top with the remaining mixture, making sure the jam is completely enclosed.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until firm and golden. Leave the duffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift out and coat in the remaining caster sugar. Best eaten warm.