Sangre Mexicana Mezcal Cocktail from Studio Bar16.8.2017
The ‘Sangre Mexicana’ is a classic Bloody Mary with a Mexican twist. The cocktail is mixed with La Penca Mezcal instead of vodka, and with chipotle instead of hot sauce. ‘La Penca’ Mezcal, made from 100% Agave, is aged in 220-litre American White Oak barrels for approximately two to six months.
Head Mixologist at Studio Bar, Michal Golecki, shares his recipe for the exclusive ‘Sangre Mexicana’ Mezcal cocktail available at K West Hotel & Spa until 31 August 2017.
- 50ml Mezcal reposado ‘La Penca’
- 40ml Smoky tomato juice
- 12.5ml Orange juice
- 10ml Worcestershire sauce
- 10ml Olive juice
- Dash of chipotle sauce
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Wedge of lime
- Optional: Lime and celery salt
- Add a handful of ice cubes into the glass you will use for stirring.
- Add the Mezcal, olive juice, Worcestershire sauce, orange juice, salt & pepper, chipotle sauce and tomato juice to the glass. Stir thoroughly so all ingredients are mixed together.
- Rim an Old Fashioned glass with some lime and celery salt. Put some ice cubes into the glass.
- Pour the mixture over the ice and fix the wedge of lime onto the rim of the glass to garnish. ¡Salud!