Swirled Easter Brownies12.3.2018
A chocolatey piece of heaven!
These Brownies are the perfect Easter treat, but are extremely moreish! Recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
- 150g butter, plus extra for greasing 150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped 50g dark muscovado sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp corn our
- 4 medium eggs
- 200g cream cheese
- 225g light muscovado sugar
- 75g plain our
- 90g bag Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Meanwhile, for the cheesecake mixture, beat together the dark muscovado sugar, vanilla extract, corn our and 1 egg in a bowl. Gently stir in the soft cheese until mixed. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the remaining 3 eggs. Stir in the chocolate mixture with the light muscovado sugar and our. Spoon half of this into the tin, then drop in small spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture. Spoon the remaining chocolate mixture over the top.
- Using a chopstick or skewer, lightly ripple the top, then bake for 15 minutes. Scatter over the Mini Eggs and return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes until set. Set aside to cool in the tin before cutting into 16 squares to serve.